GOLDEN MEADOW APARTMENT
& PILI PALA POD
Pili Pala Glamping Pod Terms & Conditions of Booking
When booking Pili Pala Pod, you must ensure that you agree to the Terms & Conditions below.
Our guests’ enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking. Breach of these Terms may result in anyone staying in the pod being asked to leave the property immediately without refund for holiday days lost.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The person making the booking must be at least 18 years old and accepts responsibility for anyone (including pets) staying in Pili Pala Pod during the booking period, and their visitors. The booking is not transferable to anyone else or to other dates without our written agreement.
2. The total number of people staying in Pili Pala Pod during the booking period must not exceed the maximum occupancy which is 4 people configured as follows: a. 2 adults, b. 3 adults, c. 2 adults & 1 or 2 children. The pod can NOT accommodate 4 adults. The number of adults and children must be stated on the booking form at the time of booking, alteration of occupancy may incur an additional fee. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
3. Pili Pala Pod is for short term holiday letting only, for a maximum of 28 days, and is not to be sublet or used for any business or illegal purpose.
4. A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the booking agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
5. A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total holiday price including the bond, is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
6. The balance must be paid no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will still remain liable to pay the balance of fee.
7. Payment of the deposit and balance can be paid by Credit or debit card or by bank transfer if preferred, please contact us for bank details.
8. Damage deposit/bond – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in Pili Pala Pod or Cabin please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. Bookings are subject to a £75.00 BOND, which will be returned to you within 14 days of your departure, less any charges for breakages, damages, missing items (a full inventory is provided) and extra cleaning (all purchases will be charged at cost, time taken at £12/hour). Extra cleaning is charged if Pili Pala Pod or Cabin is left dirty and untidy; and if stains and/or pet hairs have to be removed e.g. from bedding, carpets or furniture or if dog poo is left in the garden or surrounding areas. The BOND is forfeit if there is evidence of smoking; or relatively minor damage to fixtures and fittings which are difficult to quantify or repair (e.g. small burns, impact damage and scratches). If the total charges exceed the BOND we will send you an invoice for the difference which you agree to pay us on demand.
9. The price includes use of Pili Pala Pod & The Cabin; electricity for light and power; water; bed linen, towels and tea towels, pots, pans,crockery, cutlery, microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge, mini oven and two ring hob, we even have a kitchen sink, dish-cloth and cleaning products; a welcome pack with a few essentials (tea, coffee, sugar, fresh milk); Freeview TV; WiFi; parking for 1 car; use of the hot tub, private enclosed garden with a picnic table; access to the 3 acre field.
10. We (the owners) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
11. All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing by email to . If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeited. If you cancel less than 6 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
12. We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
13. Your booking will not be cancelled by the owners except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday (or a proportion if part way through your stay), please be aware your deposit is non refundable . Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us except where the cancellation or change arises from circumstances outside of our reasonable control. Circumstances outside our reasonable control include but are not limited to war, threat of war, riot, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, severe weather conditions such as storm, tempest, ice, snow and flood.
13a. Coronavirus (COVID 19) – Correct at 14th March 2020 -
Here at Pili Pala Pod it is business as usual, but we have put in place the following measures in light of the current Coronavirus pandemic:
Our standards of hygiene have always been extremely high, however we have “upped” our regime to include for extra attention to all hard surfaces disinfecting door handles, taps, shower controls, keys and remote controls etc
Hand wash is provided for guest use please use it as recommended.
On arrival we will try and maintain a ‘safe’ distance from you, should you prefer a remote check in please contact us prior to arrival.
ALWAYS follow government advice regarding travel, if you are feeling unwell, have visited a high-risk country or have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell or tested for COVID 19 then please do not travel.
Should you develop symptoms whilst staying with us, please notify us and make arrangements to return home immediately. You will not be able to self-isolate at Pili Pala Pod.
If you feel you need to cancel your booking because of Coronavirus please contact us. Our normal cancellation terms & conditions apply, as always, we strongly recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance for UK travel and can provide proof of payment directly to your travel insurance company should the need arise.
The Coronavirus situation is changing daily, the policy regarding the pandemic may change and we will respond accordingly. We will follow all government advice regarding travel restrictions and closures and ask that our guests do the same.
Arrival & Departure
14. Arrivals are between 3pm and 5pm. If you think you might arrive after 5pm, please let us know in advance so that we can make arrangements regarding the keys. There is no refund for late arrivals or early departures.
15. Departures no later than 10am on the last day of your booking. Pili Pala Pod & Cabin will be clean and tidy when you arrive, and you agree to leave it as you found it when you depart, and to inform us of any damage, breakages and missing items.
Up to three medium sized well behaved pets are included in your stay.
Pets must NOT be left alone in Pili Pala Pod or Cabin at ANY time. Please clean up after your pet(s) (including sweeping and mopping the floors before you depart, see BOND).
Puppies under 12 months of age are only accepted at the owner’s discretion, please contact us to discuss requirements.
We respectfully ask that no bitches in season are brought on holiday, we appreciate that owners can not always anticipate, if alternative arrangements can't be made we can alter your dates of stay subject to availability.
17. For your safety and enjoyment there are strict rules and guidelines that must be adhered to when using the hot tub.
Guests understand and take full responsibility for any loss, injury, illness or damage, howsoever caused, that may occur as a result of using the hot tub.
Hot tub cleanliness is paramount. For your own safety it is essential that the water is kept clean as failure to do so results in the water balance changing which seriously diminishes the effectiveness of the sanitising chemicals. We will check the chemical balance of the hot tub periodically to monitor the levels of micro bacteria, this may be up to 3 times a day dependent on usage.
Only guests are permitted to use the hot tub, no visitors are permitted without prior written consent from us, the owners.
The maximum capacity for each hot tub is 4 people.
17. Any problem or complaint which you may have concerning your holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after you have returned from holiday will not be considered by the owner.
18. Please remember to lock the doors and close the windows when you leave Pili Pala Pod.
19. Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
20. Under no circumstance may you re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
21. Children under 18 years old must always be supervised by an adult when in Pili Pala Pod, Cabin and grounds, and when using WiFi and Freeview TV.
22. There is parking on-site for one vehicle. We do not accept liability for theft of, or damage to, vehicles and/or their contents unless caused by our negligence.
23. Smoking is not permitted.
24. You must not cause a disturbance or nuisance to us or our agents, or neighbours. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
25. We or our agents may enter Pili Pala Pod at any time with reasonable cause, e.g. for maintenance or meter reads, but we will always try to minimise any disruption to your holiday.
26. Anyone staying at or visiting Pili Pala Pod does so at their own risk. We do not accept liability for damage or loss.
27. If you leave anything behind we can post it to you on request for the cost of postage and packing plus £10 administration fee. Left items will be kept for no longer than six weeks.
28. Any data collected during booking may be stored and we will not knowingly share this data with anyone else unless legally obliged to do so.
29. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
30. This property is privately owned and is based at our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own home.